The Mathematical Handbook (MH) by S. Persidis consists of two printed parts (books A and B) and two electronic parts (sets C and D of digital files). They are protected by international copyright laws for material in printed and software form. Buying the books, the individual user of MH obtains a copy of parts A and B (two books) and is entitled to use parts C and D through the Internet for his personal needs only. Specifically, the digital material of parts C and D is licensed non-exclusively, but not sold, to the user.
In particular, the following should be observed:
1) The user should not sell or transfer temporarily or permanently the books and the software to another party, most notably to a group of users, a library, a class, a club, etc. By purchasing the books, the user declares clearly that he/she does not represent and does not act for any group of users, recognizable formally or not.
2) The user is granted the right of using parts C and D through his personal email address only, which is given by him in the delivery address form. Transfer of that right to or through another email address is not allowed without the written permission of the publisher.
3) The user may not rent, lease, lend, sublicense or transfer any part of the digital material contained in parts C and D. He is allowed to store such material in a personal computer for his own use only.
4) The license for using parts C and D is granted to the user until a new version of the MH is issued or for five years at least.
5) If any error is found in MH, the only obligation and responsibility of the publisher and the author is to post this error on the Internet. Any other direct or indirect consequence of using the MH lies in the responsibility of the user.
6) If the user makes improper or abusive use of parts C and D (e.g. by copying an excessively large part of their databases), the publisher reserves the right to revoke the licence granted to the user for those parts, after warning the user.
7) This license will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Greece, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Greece between Greek residents. Any other law, which is not valid in Greece, is expressly excluded. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this license shall continue in full force and effect.
By filling out the form (in step 2) I, the user, declare that I accept the above terms of agreement.