Terms of Agreement for Using Calculus of One Variable
The textbook Calculus of One Variable by S. Persidis consists of a printed part and a digital part. They are protected by international copyright laws for material in printed and digital form. Buying the book and filling in the registration form, the individual user of Calculus of One Variable obtains a copy of the printed part and is entitled to use the digital part through the Internet for his/her pesonal needs for one year. More specifically, the digital material is licensed non-exclusively, but not sold, to the user.
In particular, the following should be observed:
1) The user must not sell or transfer the software (digital files) to another party, most notably to a group of users, a library, a class, a club, etc. By submitting the registration form after buying the book, the user declares clearly that he/she does not represent and does not act for any group of users, recognizable formally or not.
2) The user is granted the right of using the digital material through his personal account only, which is created by him in the registration form of his/her copy. Transfer of that right to or through another person is not allowed without the written permission of the publisher.
3) The user may not rent, lease, lend, sublicense or transfer any part of the digital material. He is allowed to store such material in a single computer for his own use only.
4) The license for using the digital part is granted to the user for one (1) year after his/her registration.
5) If any error is found in Calculus of One Variable, the only obligation and responsibility of the publisher and the author is to post this error on the Internet. Any other direct or indirect consequence of using the Calculus of One Variable lies in the responsibility of the user.
6) If the user makes improper or abusive use of the digital material (e.g. by copying an excessively large part of their databases), the publisher reserves the right to revoke the licence granted to the user for those parts, after warning the user.
7) This license will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Greece, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Greece between Greek residents. Any other law, which is not valid in Greece, is excluded. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this license shall continue in full force and effect.
You can contact us at: email@example.com
No section of www.alivebooks.net Website may be republished or reproduced in any form.
© ESPI PUBLISHING LTD 2007-2022